SPECIAL ORDER NO. 009
Series of 2022
DATE: 14 January 2022
SUBJECT: RECONSTITUTION OF THE DOST VIII GAD FOCAL POINT SYSTEM
In the interest of the service and to sustain and strengthen the implementation and mainstreaming of Gender and Development (GAD) in DOST Region VIII's Program, Activities and Services (PAPs), the GAD Focal Point System is hereby reconstituted, as follows:
Engr. Ernesto M. Granada
Dr. Rufino E. Mengote
ARD for Finance and Admin. Services
Ms. Marilyn O. Radam
ARD for Technical Operations
Ms. Mae Anne D. Reyes
SRS/SETUP Regional Prog. Coordinator
Dr. Lucia P. Dauz
SRS II/GIA Regional Program Coordinator
Dr. Ramil T. Uy
Sr. SRS/CEST & Undergraduate Scholarship Program Coordinator
Mr. Roderick B. Pacañot
Technical Working Group
Dr. John Glenn D. Ocaña
PSTD, PSTC Leyte
Engr. Rosella L. Gopo
PSTD, PSTC Samar
Dr. Arnaldo T. Amosco, Jr.
PSTD, PSTC Eastern Samar
Engr. Veronica A. Laguitan
PSTD, PSTC Northern Samar
Dr. Romeo L. Dignos
PSTD, PSTC Biliran
Engr. Florita M. Santiago
PSTD, PSTC Southern Leyte
Ms. Cleendy U. Lagunzad
Mr. Aivan Lloyd M. Calonia
The GFPS shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- The GFPS Chairperson shall
- Issue policies or other directives that support GAD mainstreaming in the policies, plans, programs, projects and activities, budget, systems and procedures of the agency including creation, strengthening, modification or reconstitution of the GFPS; and
- Approve the GAD Plan, Program and Budget of the agency as duly endorsed by the Executive Committee, with the assistance of the Technical Working Group, and ensure its implementation.
- The Executive Committee shall:
- Provide direction and give policy advice to the agency head to support and strengthen the GFPS and agency’s GAD mainstreaming activities;
- Direct identification of GAD strategies, programs, activities and projects based on the results of the gender audit, gender analysis an according to the identified priorities of the agency in response to the gender issues faced by its clients and employees.
- Ensure the timely submission of the agency GAD Plan and Budget, Accomplishment Report and other GAD-related reports to PCW and DBM;
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the agency GAD programs, activities and projects and the judicious utilization of GAD budget;
- Build and strengthen the partnership of the agency with PCW, GAD experts, advocates, women’s groups and other stakeholders in pursuit of gender mainstreaming;
- Recommend approval of agency GAD plans and budgets and GAD ARs;
- Recommend awards and recognition to outstanding institutional GAD programs, activities and projects and /or GAD FP members.
- The Technical Working Group shall:
- Facilitate the implementation of the gender mainstreaming efforts of the agency through the GAD planning and budgeting process;
- Formulate agency GAD plans, programs and budget in response to the gender gaps, and issues faced by their clients and constituents, women and men employees, following the conduct of gender audit, gender analysis, and/or review of sex disaggregated data;
- Assist in the capacity development of and provide technical assistance to the agency, and as needed, to officers in other offices or units. In this regard, the TWG shall work with human resource development office on the development and implementation of an appropriate capacity development program on gender equality and women’s empowerment for its employees, and as requested of deemed necessary, for other offices under the Department or Agency, as the case may be;
- Coordinate with the various units of the agency including its regional and attached agencies and ensure their meaningful participation in GAD strategic and annual planning exercises. The TWG of the GFPS of the central agency shall coordinate with the GFPS of its attached agencies, bureaus and regional offices especially on the preparation, consolidation and submission of GAD plans and budgets.
- Lead the conduct of advocacy activities and the development of IEC materials to ensure critical support of agency officials, staff and relevant stakeholders to the activities of the GAD Focal Point System and GAD Mainstreaming activities;
- Monitor the implementation of GAD-related programs, activities and projects in their respective offices and suggest corrective measures to improve implementation of GAD PAPs and GFPS activities;
- Prepare and consolidate agency GAD accomplishment reports and;
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to the head of agency of ExeCom on the activities of the GFPS and the progress of agency GAD mainstreaming activities based on the feedback and reports of the various units of agency.
This order shall take effect immediately and shall remain enforced until revoked.
(SGD) ERNESTO M. GRANADA
OIC-Office of the Regional Director