- Category: About Us
The Department of Science and Technology (Kagawaran ng Agham at Teknolohiya), more popularly known as the DOST, was originally established as the National Science and Development Board (NSDB) on June 13, 1958. It was later reorganized on March 17, 1982 to become the National Science and Technology Authority vested with broader policy-making and program implementing functions. NSTA was elevated as a Department on January 30, 1987 under Executive Order No.128. Presently, DOST has 16 regional offices all over the country which includes Regions: I, II, III, IV-A, IV-B, NCR, CAR, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, CARAGA, X, XI, XII, and ARMM. DOST has also a total of 87 Provincial S&T Centers nationwide.
The Department through the years...
- 1958 - Congress passes a law establishing the National Science Development Board (NSDB) upon the recommendation of Dr. Frank Co Tui, who was tasked to survey the state of Philippine S&T during President Carlos Garcia's administration;
- 1982 - NSDB revamped as the National Science and Technology (NSTA) and accorded broader policy-making and program implementing functions;
- 1987 - NSTA elevated to Cabinet level and becomes the DOST in response to increasing demands for S&T intervention in national development. Executive Order (EO) 128
Mission, Vision and Core Values
To spearhead scientific, technological an innovation efforts and ensures that these results to maximum economic and social benefits for the people of the region.
Excellent prime-mover of regional and countryside development with equity.
CORE VALUES (ielite)
DOST VIII's core values can be encompassed by the word "iELITE". The word is reflective of the oganization's attitude in providing quality S&T services by the people in Region VIII.
"Innovation, Excellence, Leadership, Integrity, Teamwork, Empowerment"
- Category: About Us
- Hits: 12294
ENGR. ERNESTO M. GRANADA
DOST Regional Office VIII
Government Center, Palo, Leyte
- Category: About Us
"We are committed to provide the public and private sectors in Region VIII with science and technology products and services in:
- technology transfer and commercialization;
- information and promotion; and
- human resource development
with the highest standards of quality and reliability within our capabilities and resources according to customer and all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements, to address risks and opportunities, and to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System at all times in order to meet customer satisfaction."
General Privacy Statement
The Department of Science and Technology Regional Office VIII (DOST VIII) respects and protects the privacy of our data subjects (employees, clients, providers and other stakeholders) and ensure that all personal information collected are processed lawfully, fairly, and appropriately in accordance with the confidentiality practices and applicable laws on data privacy.
Collection and Use of Personal information
We collect personal information to enable us to deliver our services. We may collect, use, and process your personal information through various sources depending on how you interact with us (online and/or offline forms, over the phone, email, etc.).
Information you provide to us
Your personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. This may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, demographic information such as age, sex, income level, and /or any personal references needed to provide access to our service.
How we Use the Information we collect
We use the data collected to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and particularly, for the following reasons:
- To verify your identity when you log-in, and to respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
- To use the collected data to process information necessary with your transactions;
- To collect the information to conduct research and analysis to improve our customer service;
- To disclose information when the law requires us to do so in compliance with legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations;
- To use the information to perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required by the DOST.