The Department of Science and Technology Regional Office VIII is happy to announce the result of the 2015 DOST Undergraduate Scholarship examination held last September 2014. A total of 5,303 (approx. 13%, national passing percentage) high school students successfully hurdle the said examination out of the total 42,987 examinees who took the examination nationwide. From the 5,303 qualifiers nationwide approved by DOST Secretary Mario G. Montejo, 319 of which were from Region VIII. This accounts to 36 percent (approx.) increase from the previous year (2014) examination result of 234 qualifiers. The last year's exam, Region VIII alone reached a total of 5,765 examinees which surpassed the agency's annual target.
Out of the total number of passers from Region VIII, 286 qualified as scholars under the R.A. 7687 Scholarship Program - scholarship for gifted students who belong to economically disadvantaged families while the remaining 33 passed under the DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program.
The link below shows the list of the names of the 2015 DOST Undergraduate qualifiers/passers, both for RA 7687 & Merit Program:
For more information regarding the result of the examination and for further instruction to the new qualifiers, you are advised to visit ot contact any of the following DOST Provincial Offices nearest you.
- PSTC Leyte - Government Center, Palo, Leyte / (053) 323 5252
- PSTC Biliran - NSU Compound, Naval, Biliran / (053) 500 9347
- PSTC Southern Leyte - Capitol Site, Naval, Biliran / (053) 381 3990
- PSTC Samar - SSU Compound, Catbalogan, Samar / (055) 251 6286
- PSTC Eastern Samar - ESSU Compound, Borongan, Eastern Samar / (055) 261 2664
- PSTC Northern Samar - UEP Compund, Catarman, Northern Samar / (055) 251 8178