- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1170
Undergraduate S&T Scholarship (RA 7687)
- Enacted in 1994, this program provides scholarship to poor, talented and deserving students to pursue baccalauerate degrees in science and technology along identified priority areas in selected higher education institutions in the country. If you are a fourth year high school student planning to enroll in an S&T course in college, this is for you.
DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship
- This program is the precursor of all S&T scholarships of the DOST. It originated from the "Science Talent Search" which begun in 1958. The program has produced leaders and decision-makers in various areas of S&T in government, the academe and private industries. Around 300 scholarship slots are available every year for fourth year high school students.
- Otherwise known as the Fast-tracked S&T Scholarship Act of 2013, it expands the coverage of RA 7687 and strengthens the teaching of science and mathematics in secondary schools by providing scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving third year college students pursuing a degree in priority areas in science and technology. Graduates of this program agree to teach in high schools especially in their home regions.
Accelerated S&T Human Resource Development Program
- This is a unified and innovative human resource program aimed at accelerating the production of high level manpower by awarding MS and PhD scholarship grants to eligible individuals who will fill in the gaps in identified areas of science and technology.
Engineering Research and Development for Technology Program
- This scholarship program was formed with the aim of developing a critical mass of MS and PhD graduates in engineering. First implemented in 2008, it is jointly implemented with eight universities (ADMU, CLSU, DLSU, MIT, MSU-IIT, UPD, UPLB, USC) in a consortium arrangement.
- Hits: 1277
The Department of Science and Technology - Eastern Samar Provincial Science and Technology Center (DOST-PSTC Eastern Samar) in collaboration with the Local Government Unit of Guiuan conducted a DOST SETUP/GIA Forum and walk-in S&T-based business consultancy services as part of the 495th Magellan Landing Celebration on March 16, 2016 at the Municipal Plaza, Guiuan, Eastern Samar. The activity was participated by LGU personnel, entrepreneurs and would-be entrepreneurs from the different micro, small and medium enterprises namely, Garmets Designer Association (GDA), Eastern Samar EntrePinoy Workers Association (ESEP), Guiuan Integrated Micro Entrepreneurs Association (GIMEA), Abejao Farmers Association (AFA), Mother Ignacia Women Association (MIWA), Global Prime Innovation, Inc. (GPI), Galak Women Survivors Association (GWSA), Island Best Foods, Stepahnies Garden Junacel Food and Souvenirs, DIPs and GSECC